AT&T worker killed when truck hits power lines
- An AT&T employee in Georgia was electrocuted when a bucket truck came in contact with some powerlines.
- The worker, who officials say worked for the company for 24 years, has not been identified.
- The Henry County fire marshal said the employee was trying to stow the bucket in the bed of the truck when the bucket came into contact with the powerlines.
- AT&T said that its crews are working with the police in the investigation.
Los Angeles dies when unloading equipment
- A worker was killed while apparently unloading heavy equipment from a truck at a construction site in the South Los Angeles area.
- Information was not immediately available on the identity of the man, who was pronounced dead when firefighters arrived at the scene and OSHA is investigating.
- The man apparently was unloading a “skid steer loader” from the truck when he became trapped beneath it, the LAFD reported.
- A skid steer loader is an item of industrial equipment with hydraulic lifting arms, often used in grading projects.
Amazon employee seriously injured in Pennsylvania
- An Amazon employee was seriously injured in a crash at a Carlisle, Pa., warehouse.
- The crash happened while the employee was doing routine work on a powered industrial truck at a fulfillment center in South Middleton Township.
- The employee was the only one injured in the crash and was taken to a local hospital after a crash involving another industrial truck.
- OSHA and Amazon are investigating the crash, which could take up to six months to complete.
Indiana Walmart employee is attacked with a machete
- A man stole a machete from Walmart, then used it to attack an employee in the parking lot, according to investigators in Elkhart, about 160 miles north of Indianapolis.
- Investigators say the suspect had entered the Walmart, grabbed a machete, hid it in his backpack, and headed out into the parking lot.
- The suspect, identified as 25-year-old Elkhart resident Lincoln Leuchtner, called an employee over to him and then attacked before later being arrested.
- The worker, who police said is a man in his early 30s, was transported to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.